Search This Blog

Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Similarities and differences between a blog and a regular website

I was given the topic of 'rugby' to research the differences and similarities of a rugby blog compared to a rugby website. I hate rugby with a passion so as you can imagine this was thrilling. Yet I am a big Swansea City football fan, therefore decided to research Swansea Rugby (although they will never match up to Swansea City football club), oh well here goes.........

The blog I found is http://totalflanker.blogspot.co.uk/


The website I found is http://www.swansearfc.co.uk/home.aspx


DIFFERENCES:
  • Blogs are updated more frequently than websites are as websites usually contain information that does not change often, therefore does not need updating often.
  • When new entries/comments are added on a Blog, the old entries/comments are left for viewers to see, whereas if there are new entries/comments added on a website, then the old entries/comments are removed.
  • On a website, if there is a new entry or update then the whole layout of the website is altered.
  • A blog is used generally for communication/views and comments as opposed to a website which is used for delivering information.
  • The layout is different on a blog as it usually consists of pages of writing rather than subtitles with pictures and categories.

SIMILARITIES

  • Both are used for information purposes. Although one is more information based and the other is more opinion, they are still used for knowledge purposes. 
  • Both have pictures on their page
  • Both have sponsors on their page
  • Both have links on their page


No comments:

Post a Comment